Paper Fig's Fellowship program provides a unique opportunity for individuals that the foundation has hand-selected to show great promise and aptitude to work alongside fashion industry professionals and experts during New York Fashion Week. Fellows are immersed in in-depth behind the scene experiences with designers, backstage technicians, scenic arts, A/V, and lighting specialists. After this experience, fellows are required to submit an in-depth report to bring back best practices to their own fashion weeks in Africa.
Funding for a Paper Fig fellow covers expenses, such as:
- Travel to and from East Africa (Uganda, Rwanda, Nigeria, or Uganda) to New York
- Hotel accomodations in New York during Fashion week
- Daily stipend for food and drink during their education in New York
- Administrative and legal support for Travel Visa and permissions
- Small budget to secure art and design supplies in both their local country and in New York
Your $1,000 donation will help cover a portion of the $5000 required to support each Fellow.